- 3D Scan｜example file
- 123D Catch
- Filling holes with Meshmixer
- Mesh models｜example file
- File export / import
- Boolean operations with Meshmixer
- 123D Make
Filling holes with Meshmixer
Export mesh files
- On 123D Catch, File -> Export capture as…
- Go”Export Scene As” to save files with “Filetype” OBJ
File import / export
- On Rhinoceros, File -> Import…
- Select OBJ file then open
- Confirm OBJ Import Options and press “OK” . (Because 123D Catch has different coordination system with Rhinoceros, check “Map OBJ Y to Rhino Z”)
- Select files to export
- File -> Export Selected…
- Select OBJ(*.obj) as filetype and type filename then type Enter
- On “OBJ Export Options” ,check “Save object as が Polygon mesh” then Export
Boolean operation with Meshmixer
Find objects that has chair-ish form and edit its shape to make it work effectively as chair.
- The size of object doesn’t mater. You can scale it with any factor.
- The size of chair as result is up to you, but it’s desirable that the size is not too small / large from the ordinary size of chairs (300mm *300mm * 400mm) .
- Which objects to scan is totally up to you, but it’s desirable that the size / texture of the object is suitable to scan.